Monday 12 March 2012

People that Inspire me

The way people look plays a big part in the way they are percieved. I am fascinated at how you can create an identity for yourself through makeup and what you wear and what the way you style yourself says about you.

Another aspect that intrigued me about the job of a makeup artist is that you get to travel a lot, meeting lots of interesting people and each job is never the same and cna give you the opportunity to stretch your creativity.

I am interested in all areas of makeup. Film and TV makeup interests me because the types of people you will work with will be diverse, and I think I would find using makeup to get an actor into character fun. I also love films and TV dramas so I think I would enjoy being part of the creative process. I am also interested in prosthetics.
High fashion makeup can be extremely creative and conceptual and there is lots of work out there that inspires me.

Last week I discovered a makeup artist I had not heard of before; Alex Box. She is widely considered a beauty and fashion legend. Here are images of her work from google images:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=alex+box&rlz=1R2ADFA_enGB448&biw=1680&bih=935&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=no5eT5nGFoK_0QWCy8GMBw

Her background is in fine art which is very evident in her work. Her makeup designs are highly conceptual and complex. Although her work is highly artistic and abstract, it is still high fashion makeup. I admire her a great deal because her designs are extremely innovative but she also has incredible technical skill to execute them.
She has inspired me a lot and I love her highly artistic approach to makeup. She has become someone I aspire to be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment