Monday 26 March 2012

Who Am I?

The theme of my FMP links in with identity. I went on an educational visit to the "Who Am I?" exhibition at the Science Museum which explores the science of who you are and what makes your unique identity. Although the exhibition takes a scientific approach to identity, I thought it was still worth looking for inspiration.

The exhibition had several information boards, displays and lots of interactive activities. Here are some quotes from the information boards:

"Your identity is shaped by the people you meet and the things that happen to you."

"Your face gives you away - it reveals your gender, your heritage and your feelings"

"You are the sum of your experiences: your memory fashions your identity."

"You have so much in common with everyone else, but because your brain is shaped by your experience of life, you are also unique"

"Your environment also shaped the way you look"

The exhibition was not as useful to my project as I was hoping it to be. The information given in the exhibition just repeated things I already knew. Your experiences form your identity. The subjects I have focused on for my project have become who they are due to significant life experiences i.e. running away, battling cancer. How you look also tells people something about you. Unfortunately I did not find the exhibition a source of inspiration. I will look for my visits I can go to that will really benefit my project. I have already thoroughly researched my theme. I want to go on more research visits based on design and image, which will inspire the aesthetics of my photo shoot.































No comments:

Post a Comment