Monday 30 April 2012

Gaudi

My final "cancer patient" design will incorporate a scaffolding like structure. I also experimented with creating structures using folding techniques. I want at least one of my final designs to have an architectural aspect to them. I have looked at the famous Catalan architect Antonio Gaudi for his unique and distinct architectural style which I hope will influence my work. I am also visiting Barcelona next week where I will be visiting the Sagrada Familia and the Casa Museu Gaudi, two of Gaudi's most famous structures.

Sagrada Familia:





Casa Batllo (another famous building designed by Gaudi):










Research Analysis:

The forms in Gaudi's work are very organic and fluid. He uses minimal sharp angles. Almost all edges are smooth and curved. His designs are very balanced and symmetrical. He also includes lots of intricate details. His structures look very ethereal and ornate. I have sketched a few of the shapes and forms from Gaudi's work in my sketch book.

No comments:

Post a Comment