Monday 23 April 2012

Style Research: Fashion Magazines

I found several fashion images that I liked in leading fashion magazines such as Love, Dazed and Confused, i-D and Vogue. These images relate to my work because I will be creating two looks for high fashion photo shoots to be printed in a fashion magazine for youths. I have annotated each image so I could possibly refer back to them take a few elements from these images and use them in my own work:
I love the bright block colour of the outfit. I also love the bright lighting used for the shot.
I like how this shot is slightly blurry. It makes the girl look myserious.
I like this makeup look and how the features are heavily defined.
I like the model's porcelain skin and how her features have been defined with red lips and a subtle smokey eye. This images has an innocent like quality to it.
I like the three images below and the contrast between the avant-garde/high fashion style of the costumes and and the run down surroundings. These images could relate to my runaway theme. The costume is to be in the style of high fashion and avant-garde. Locations shots like these would go well with the theme as they could relate to the run down abandoned places runaways often live in.

I love the series of shot below with the Joker theme. I like the quirky nature of the images. I think they relate to some of my runaway designs because the outfits look like they have been assembled using found items. I like how in some of the looks, the makeup has childish crayon-like scribbles included. This adds to the playful nature of the images. I like the pale skin coupled with pops of colour.



I love the ecclectic and colourfl style of this girl (above). I think it relates to some of my runaway designs in the way items look like they have been tossed together. I also think this ecclectic style also relates to my audience as it is very popular in fashion right now.


I like the blend of metallic colours on the eyes.

I like how the makeup is made up of stickers. This relates to my work as I am looking for unconcentional methods of creating a makeup look. I also like the blue lips.
I like the striking colour gradient around the eyes and the blue lips. I also quite like the grainy quality of the image. It makes the image intrigueing
I like the architecturak structure of this garment. I think it also looks quite sinister which I like.

I like the high tonal contrast in this image. I also think the headdress looks very interesting, I am interested in experimenting with hair/headgear.

I like the bold block colour swept across the eyes.

 
 I like the natural feel of these location shots (above).

I like the dark lighting and shadows.

 

 I like the foggy quality of the two images above. I think this style would suit my "cancer" photo shoot.






No comments:

Post a Comment